Sex Therapist & Relationship Expert
I am a Clinical Sexologist who, since 1996, has helped over 1000 clients resolve their sex and relationship issues through sex therapy. While my work as a sex therapist began in Montreal, I’m now based in Moncton, N.B. and offer counselling sessions in person in my Moncton office and via Skype or the telephone to others in the Maritime provinces and Canada.
By providing accurate sex and relationship information, support and guidance, I help both individuals and couples build healthier and more satisfying sex and love lives.
I am honored to have access to the sexual confidences and concerns of the courageous people who come to see me. I am fully aware of how awkward it is for most to share intimate personal details about their sex life. I make it a priority to make you feel comfortable and safe as you explore your concerns with me.
We all have the right to sexual intimacy and pleasure. So by passing on science-based knowledge and sex-positive attitudes to my clients, I take pleasure in knowing that I do my part in fighting the ignorance, insecurity and fear that can prevent people from enjoying healthy and fulfilling sex and love lives.
- Liberal Arts degree from the University of Ottawa in 1990
- Bachelor’s degree in Sexology from the Université du Québec à Montréal in 1994
- Master’s degree in Clinical Sexology from the Université du Québec à Montréal in 1997
Post Graduate Counselling Training
- Elements that Favor Change in Couples Therapy (Montreal, 2003)
- Art and Writing in Therapy: The Creative Journal (Montreal, 2006)
- Schema Therapy: modules 1 to 3 (Montreal, 2006-2007)
- Sexual Desire and Erotic Intelligence (Montreal, 2009)
- Treating Co-Dependents (Montreal, 2010)
- Psychosexual Approach to Couples Therapy (Montreal, 2011)
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) (Moncton, 2011)
- Working With Victims Suffering From Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (Moncton, 2016)
- Advanced ACT Workshop: From Theory to Practice (Moncton, 2016)
- Integrating Mindfulness Into Psychotherapy (Moncton, 2017)
- ACT For Couples (Montreal, 2017)
- Gottman Method Couples Therapy: Level 1 (Montreal, 2019)
Experience as a Sex Therapist
- I’ve had a private therapy practice as a clinical sexologist specializing in sex and relationship therapy since 1996.
- Following my internship at the Human Sexuality Unit of the Montreal General Hospital, I stayed on as a member of the team, performing group evaluations of individuals and couples seeking counselling for sexual or couple-related problems.
- From 1997 to 1999, I worked as a clinical sexologist specialized in HIV prevention counseling in collaboration with the community organizationAction Séro Zéro and the Montreal Health Department.
- From 1999 to 2001, I was a regular guest-therapist on the call-in radio show “The Love Line” on Mix 96.
- In 2007, I was hired by the Sexology Department at the Université du Québec à Montréal to act as a clinical supervisor for graduate students in the Master’s program in clinical sexology. I did so until I left Montreal in 2010.
- I’ve written articles for various publications and gave talks (most recent:Sexual Myths, False Beliefs and Realities, Sexual Health After 50: How to Keep Your Sex Drive Alive.)
- Certified member of the Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association
- Licensed counselling therapist with the College of Counselling Therapists of New Brunswick